U.S. Food and Drug Administration Warns Consumers of Caffeine Overdose

U.S. Food and Drug Administration Warns Consumers of Caffeine Overdose

After an 18 year old boy fron Northeastern Ohio died in May from taking powder caffeine, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration warns consumners of it's harmful effects.
An 18 year old from Northeastern Ohio died from a caffeine overdose back in May. The County Coroner ruled that the boy had died from an irregular heartbeat. The 18 year old took 3000 milligrams of pure caffeine powder - which is the equivalent of 25 cups of coffee.

The US Food and Drug Administration is warning consumers of the dangers of pure caffeine. Carl Sparks from Complete Nutrition said you have to be careful with this drug and remember everything in moderation.

"Something you can buy online isn’t going to necessarily going to be as regulated as something you’re going to buy in a retail chain store. People are held a lot more accountable when you come and purchase it from them.  You can come back to the store and say hey this is where I got this. "

Sparks said when consumers enter the store they are told about the serving size and Sales Representatives ask what consumers are already taking that could affect the person's body.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus