64°F
Sponsored by

INDOT awards $12.7 Million for Local Transportation Projects

The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) is awarding $86 million in federal transportation funds to rural cities, towns and counties across the state. Here in northeast Indiana, $12.7 million will be used for road construction, bridges, and other transportation projects.
"Here in northeast Indiana, $12.7 million will be used for road construction, bridges, and other transportation projects."
The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) is awarding $86 million in federal transportation funds to rural cities, towns and counties across the state. INDOT will contribute $47 million for road construction, $22 million for bridges and $14 million for bicycle and pedestrian projects.

Here in northeast Indiana, $12.7 million will be used for road construction, bridges, and other transportation projects. The funding coming to our area will help to fund 14 projects in several different counties. 

The Hoosier State uses 25% of its federal highway dollars each year to fund larger local transportation projects. To receive the federal funding, communities are responsible for contributing 20% of the total cost. The federal funds make up for the remaining 80%.

In the Fort Wayne District, INDOT has awarded federal transportation funding to:

  • City of Wabash, $1,612,560 for the Alber Street, from Euclid Street to US 24
  • Allen County, $3,171,850 for the Ryan Road, from Dawkins Road to Harper Road
  • City of Kendallville, $3,142,357 for the Fairview Boulevard, from Dowling Street to US 6
  • Grant County, $1,152,000 for Bridge Number 10  on CR 500 N over Mississinewa River
  • City of Marion, $445,500 for emergency vehicle signal preemption project
  • Miami County, $1,300,000 for Bridge Number 159 over the Wabash River
  • City of Montpelier, $142,480 for sidewalks/ADA on Monroe Street, from Washington to Adams streets
  • Town of South Whitley, $262,340 for ADA Sidewalk Improvements, in various locations
  • Town of Van Buren, $80,000 for ADA sidewalk improvements on Main and Vine streets
  • Town of Converse, $180,000 for ADA sidewalk improvements on Jefferson Street
  • Blackford County, $427,563 for the Blackford County High School Trail
  • City of Garrett, $291,120 for Safe Routes to School sidewalks on Houston and Warfield streets
  • Town of Churubusco, $264,000 for Safe Routes to School sidewalks on Windsor, Mill and East Douglas streets
  • City of Angola, $274,500 for emergency vehicle signal preemption project
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus
Got a news tip to share with us? Call us at (260) 408-WFFT or e-mail the newsroom at news@wfft.com.