Landlord Asks for Public's Help After Fire

Published 03/16 2014 09:25PM

Updated 03/18 2014 08:29AM

Fort Wayne Fire Crews battled a house fire early Sunday morning in the 1800 block of Kinsmoor Ave. Fire officials say a cooking accident started the blaze just before 5 a.m.

Firefighters battled heavy smoke and fire from the front of the house. The landlord tells WFFT that a woman and her boyfriend suffered lung damage from the smoke. The woman has a 1 1/2 year old child who was not home at the time of the fire.

The house is a total loss.

Landlord Lynn Haffner is asking for the public's help with donations for this family. The child wears size 18-24 months for clothing, size 7 cruiser diapers and size 5 shoes. Haffner is setting up an account for donations through Chase Bank under the name of Liberty A. Rowland.  They only will take check, credit card, or money orders.

Donations can also be dropped off at the Coldwell Banker office on 1206 E. Dupont Rd at Haffner Rentals Office between the hours of 9am-5pm.

Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.